Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Crows are evil. So shoot at sight.

"If you feel discouraged
That there's a lack of color here
Please don't worry lover
It's really bursting at the seems
Absorbing everything
The spectrum's a to z
"

Death Cab for a Cutie

With the marching steady tick-tock, I've been absorbed with a bit of too many things. Ofcourse, the major bit of the bit is work. I'd rather not make the early announcements of likes and dislikes. It's been two months. I still say it's early. Like how my Art Director once said that for the first two- three years , you'd be busy only trying to figure out this industry. So the constant shuttling, puppetry show starring you, and having series of terrible days of complete clueless-ness, is all normal. I've always thought patience was a virtue, only gifted to a few. I guess not.

Question is, whether I'm ready to be a part of this never ending queue of supposed great endings. Who's to say it is even anywhere close to being great. Maybe the mediocrity provides a comfort zone that people find easy to slide into. Will I be another added number. Or will I pull out and tread a completely new path, a new career. I still don't know where my niche' really lies. More so, does everyone HAVE a niche'? Maybe some are born to be good for nothing :P Not that I hold myself in low esteem, it's not even a question directed at my fickle mind. It's a genuine doubt.

Shifting in a flat is far from easy. The added responsibilities make me feel I'm living a life I'd be living 5 years from now. Shared work and unaided first times of everything that encompasses setting up a house, is mighty tiring. Only, in this case, you don't give up, fold your arms and say "pass".

My music hours have increased, since it's directly proportional to my travel hours. I've got no new music. I've heard and re-heard, hummed and re-hummed the same old playlist some gazillion times. It's only recently, I rediscovered my love for the old rock and roll stars who introduced me to what is TRULY called music. Before I skip to the next musing, I must express a serious concern. What is with people tagging "blues" .. and "jazz" as SOFT, lame (in the words of my colleague, 'that pussyshit'"). Really now. How can any form of music be subjected to any definition and bias if you claim to be a music enthusiast? Isn't music an umbrella term for anything that contains basic melody? I understand likes and dislikes, but who decides what's soft, hard (??), tender, sweet, bitter, pussy and non-pussy, on the basis of....er....pure idiocy, I'd say.

Eventful, is the operating word here, in this very blog, before I digress , as always.

Eventful is good. Over eventful is not. Change is good. Shift is not.

More later.

Tchus.

2 comments:

Scribblers Inc said...

Jazz!! Pussy what? Get the guy some toilet paper, prolly missed it in the mornin...no wonder he is grumpy..

Scribblers Inc.

MM said...

I must agree with you about the manic crows that the office building houses. Maybe we can hatch a plan to do away with them... the lot of the... all at once *evil laughter* We'll even add it to the Joblist time sheet thing as an accomplishment.

And REALLY that OTT collegue of ours also must be destroyed. Think on it and let's discuss.