Pages

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

It's Never Too Late For A HAPPPY NEW YEARRR!!

Last December I was on tenderhooks, since the year was coming to a promising end, and I was more than impatient to get on with the new year plans. 2010 has been the worst year, they all say, and I am sure they'll be hardly who wouldn't agree. Rest assured, though, my new year was fabulous.

Goa is the most beautiful little place I've been to. I miss the candle lit dinners, the breakfast and lunch at the beach shacks, the long aimless walks on the beach, with the sun  right above our heads, and us, watching people doing water sports at a distance, while lazily sipping away brightly coloured drinks. Every night we'd make a sand castle or draw funny faces in the sand and hope to find it the next day, lying on the beach, untouched! And the drives...oh the drives..seeing the tall happy plam trees drunk-swaying at the distance on one side of the road, the wilderness sprouting in the form of green and yellow grass on the other side, and the road ahead, with scanty traces of humans and machines. We'd pull down the windows, and smell the air around us, so fresh , and intoxicating, like the environment was just freshly laundered.

I didn't empty my pockets, seeing the bizzare clothes and attractive curious, hanging outside shops, luring the bright eyes, waiting to be bought at ridiculous prices. It was fun, and rather amusing, seeing people jabber away in rapid french, german, or english, trying to strike a bargin for thing I hardly expected them to use. Frankly, though, I could've bought a souvenir too, something to remember this trip by. But I'm not complaining. I took back enough to be worrying about anything else ;)

The food was.... Divine. No, there's no other word for it. I might've over eaten most meals, but I can safely a say, I ate enough. A lot. More than I usually do.

The new year wasn't how I had first imagined it. Only because Goa was over flowing with humans. I wanted to go down to the beach to bring in the new year. As we walked down the Tito's lane, there was a happy, inebriated crowd that walked with us, and there was a happy, inebriated crowd that walked towards us, all screaming out incoherent, nothings. We reached the beach, but we saw nothing of it, except more humans.  So they decided to put on their best (worst) behaviour and made life wonderful (miserable) for people around them. SOooo we decided to walk back to Tito's lane, and found ourselves in a relatively less noisy and crowded, little bar. With just a drink , lots of conversation, and the cheerful people filling in the background, we had the best new year I'd have ever imagined.

I want to go back. Goa is addictive.

Three most adoreable little pups live right outside my colony gate. They're beyond cute and fat. However, fat pups just look cute. One looks like Buffy Jr. Same colour, same coat, and same amount of fat. One pup is the Poop King. The moment he sees me he starts wagging his tail and poops there and then. Sorry, he can't contain his excitement. He likes to poop all the time.

Guitar classes are going well. Earlier when I strummed my guitar, it sounded like noise. Now if you concentrate a little, you might just be able to hear traces of melody. So , there, that's going somewhere.
Yes, he's not been christened yet. Don't worry, Mr. Guitar, you will be. Sooonn--ish.

So that's all..All the love and mush and all that.

Tchus.

1 comment:

Scribblers Inc said...

congratulations on the guitar and a happy new year to you too...am I glad that you are writing!! :)

wishes
Scribblers Inc.