Pages

Thursday, February 01, 2018

Humour is the SHIZZ

I would like to bring to my attention that my last few posts have been very soppy and full of emotions and maybe a little bit of tears and definitely lots of phlegm. And honestly that’s not who I am - I surely don’t have phlegm issues. So I wanted to drop in and document this decision, that from now on I will only post funny things. I will leave my thoughts and emotions aside and concentrate on things that really matter - funny things. Everything will be along the lines of funny - be it observational funny, my life is funny, here’s a joke & it’s funny, your face is funny, my life is funny .... funny funny funny. You get the point, right? Now I know what you must be thinking and probably saying out loud - “But Aditi, funny is relative” to which I would like to say that “I don’t believe in relative or relatives or relations”. 

So, I don’t know why in every relationship - best friends, husband and wife, brother sister, sister brother, brother brother, sister sister, mother daughter, mother son, son mother, father mother, father daughter, owner dog, dog owner… there has to be one person who is funnier than the other. And that particular person never wants to accept it. Like take my case for example, clearly I am funnier than my Husb (new acronym). But he is so blind to that fact. And, what’s worse is that he is not only blind to the fact, he is also a thief because he trashes all my jokes and then steals them and then passes them off as his own. He is quite shaatir. Between me and him, it's kind of like that Chandler-Ross episode of the joke in Playboy. I mean look, humour is like a machine; it needs oiling and maintenance and I am all for oily, greasy things. Heres a Did You Know fact btw. Did you know that truffle oil isn’t actually truffle oil? Most of the truffle oil that we purchase from the market isn’t original truffle oil at all ... it’s fake. Pretty much like most people. 

Which brings me to the thought - if people are fake, then would the opposite be original? Often we hear people say “Yaar Aditi (or any other generic name inserted here), that girl Swati naa….she’s so fake!”. But if Swati wasn’t fake, would people compliment her by saying “Yaar Aditi, that Swati is so original.” Really, why isn’t that a commonly used compliment? I would for example, prefer a statement like this. “Aditi, kuch bhi kaho yaar, that Swati is a moti but she is so original ... like 100%”. I would like such compliments directed at me as well, occasionally. But more than that, I would like some form of appreciation for my humour too, like any form really. Say a compliment like “original”, as I have already established, is one. Even money or gift vouchers are a form of compliment. 

I think a sense of humour is the most undervalued quality in a woman. Like all people ask for is “fair, tall, slim and trim girl chahhiye”. But what about sense of humour? What about “I want a girl who is fair, slim, trim, tall and funny?” And you could throw in “original” too if you are really into this compliment, not me though, I am okay-ish about it. 

Anyway, it was appreciation for humour we were talking about and it is appreciation I mean whole heartedly. I believe it is important for each and every one of us to take that little time out in our life, go up to someone, tap them on their shoulder, smile and tell them they are funny. Because beauty is only skin deep, humour is cranium deep, and the brain is the most important part of the human body. 

I am sitting in my office and typing out this whole blog at the risk of being caught. But I got a little time off and decided - what is that ONE topic that I feel very strongly about. Of course the first topic that came to mind was Irritable Bowel Syndrome which I suffer from but I decided to stop digging deeper. I needed something more surface level, tbh. And so, I knew it had to be …. jokes. 
I will end this post with a joke I recently told my colleague and he didn’t find it funny which is fine because I figured he doesn’t have a cranium. 

Oh, man!

A hyperbole totally ripped into this bar and destroyed EVERYTHING.



Fin.

No comments: