Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Take me back....to where I belong...

Sophie's World is a book that most have read, I've discovered. People don't let me pull a "genius discovery moment" when I mention it. Which is rather sad, since there's so much I'd like to say about it. With the dipping interest level, however, I find it easier to move on. And talk about the weather. And such like.

Which is why the blog.

I'm still half way through it. But the book couldn't have come at a better moment in my life, when I've been cribbing a lot on my course choice, and when I'm torn between the love for Arts. And going in for Advertising, which is making me pedantic. YES. Not creative. But boring.

Literature and Philosophy seem like Siamese twins. I wish I could've done a double degree in both these disciplines... MOre so, I wish I could be born in the era of those natural philosophers, still trying to figure out the why's and how's of the world. Formulating the "forms" and "substances" of things. Where every theory could be right, or all wrong. Where logic and superstition were still strong opponents, and rationality ,a distant cousin. I'd like to have been Plato's student too. Join the unconventional school of education, under trees, write on barks, et all.

We've reached a very "know-it-all"', "nothing surprises me", "that's been done to death" phase.So they say we're moving in circles. When does THIS round complete?

Almost like. There's nothing new under the sun.

No comments: