Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Christmas!

It's already Christmas and soon, we're going to turn to a new calander. Honestly, I'm really glad this year is over. Its's been an extremely eventful one, but not always for happy reasons. The luck department seems to be on an all-time-low. The new year better give it good business!

Christmas, although, is the happiest time of the year. I love it, and I've always done something new, different or fun, on every single christmas. We still maintain the tradition of decorating the christmas tree, and I always hang a sock, which no more gets filled with surprise gifts, but it's fun doing it all the same. This year we went to an orphanage, close to my place. What an expreience it was!

It's strange how we picture a gloomy setting, with depressed kids dressed in white gowns, sitting in a dining hall, waiting to be fed , when we say the word "orphans". It's probably because we think them as unfortunate and decide to sympathise/empathise with them. This feeling of supremacy masquerading in the guise of pity, is such a typical  "higher beings" feeling. I'd say, I've never seen a happier bunch.

Around 40 of them, tearing the house down with their scheeches, laughter, and innocent madness , only reminded me of my childhood. What is the difference between me and them. Seeing them, the difference seemed like a thin line. But a very noticible one, ofcourse. They were survivors, they are fighters. And they, are truly happy to be alive.

A group of volunteers were there to celebrate christmas with them. A rather (underfed) looking Santa was jumping on the balls of his feet, puncturing the constant babble with a "ho ho ho!", and an over excited and fascinated child would go poke his tummy at regular intervels, with his mouth open. They were  rounded up later and taught the christmas carols, in Hindi. How they translated and made the hindi version of all the carols, is beyond me. But it was such a delight to watch it, all the same. While the lady who runs the place was telling us about the magnitude of her responsibilities and her the constant struggle to get these children to go to regular schools, I was torn between  floating emotions of sadness and a mad desire to laugh. Who can imagine these little nutters going through any problems at all! They seemed more happy than I ever was, when I was little. Plus seeing all 40 of them, together, looked like a perpetual, non-exhaustive party.  Remember Mr. India? :)

I'm really looking forward to new year. It's going to be awesome, I already know it (like tradition goes, I'll never say it). That's one thing I was looking forward to. There's another thing. My music classes. My guitar sits in front of me the whole day. It's dark marronish. It's pretty hot. But it's rather upset at the lack of use. Worry not Mr....Anonymous (you will be christened soon, I promise), you're going to be singing a new tune, EVERYDAY.

That's all for now. I shall be updating soon. All the love and hugs and all that jazz.

Tchus.

1 comment:

"A"ustin said...

\m/ on the guitar.