Pages

Monday, August 08, 2011

The Month that IS


The last month sort of faded away, almost like a hazy-whiz that zoomed past with pages, filing, editing, writing, co-ordination, calls, stress and ofcourse, money. I was looking forward to August, and July, very gracefully and silently closed its chapter.

This month started with a series of good events, which I won't list down explicitly, but it just made me feel great about myself and with the world at large. Let's also just edge slightly towards humbly accepting that the situations and events around me seem promising, and may have a longer life-span than I would've thought.

I'm glad I chose this profession. Atleast it seems like one of the gates towards my career tunnel of light. I'm even more pleased with some of the significant decisions I made and people I chose to be around, in the past one year. Honestly, it's better if you can count the number of people who matter to you and vise-versa, than having an endless list of inconsequential people.

I went back to my hometown this weekend, to meet my over-hyper family. As J and T put it, "We're a weird family, but we can be addictive, together." The four sisters met and it was a riot. There was a lot of noise, cheesy one liners, unnecessary gossip and adjectives for each being thrown around the house, throughout the two days. How I love it. My family's mad, and even though the over excitement and drama can get a bit overwhelming for a stranger, I'm still happy with the way we are.

This is a picture I took on my way to Jaipur. Delhi-Jaipur drive is beautiful. Although, right now is not a very good time. The entire road has been dug up; numerous pot holes with humongous mouths are ready to be ridden over, so they can splash their stored water on you and smirk. It's been years and years since I've been going to Jaipur, and everytime we drive there, I wish we could stop and go a bit of rock climbing. Never happens. We don't stop to even chance a run in the open fields.



More later.


Love. 

No comments: