Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Clickety-click(s)

Let's begin with a little blast from the past

Photos: Ria Bhatnagar




The first two pictures are our scribblings at Ghetto. A place that most don't like because of it's rather OTT set-up, with the neon lights, walls full of random writings, loud music, etc. I loved it, though. I loved the place. I loved not being able to see faces, except when one decided to smile and you got knocked off by the lights reflecting back from their teeth. I thought it was hilarious. I loved how they had personalised the entire place, with the walls open to be scribbled on, so everytime I went there, I'd spend ages trying to find my writings, squeezed in some corner, mostly over-written on. I liked that it was close to my work place, hence, the perfect place to rush to, after a hard days work. I liked the stools at the bar too, though I never sat on them. The pool table at the side, where I never played. I remember spending my first salary there, however, feeling so liberated and proud. My handwriting is horrendeous, which is why I won't be able to completely decrypt that lines of the second picture. The first picture's drawing is done by hotness. The third picture is of Blackie, when we were riding home in an empty bus, from Worli to Bandra, and Blackie was being her usual grumpy self. We decided taking sly pictures of her was the best thing to do. Oh, and also, to laugh behind her back, loud enough for her to hear and come around :) 


Yep, that's us.

Anyhow. This weekend was good. There was a photoshoot for a Times magazine. While the pretty models turned gorgeous inside the lenses, I hung around, behind the abominable looking lights,. It's an art, when you slide the glam and glitz away. Getting the right angle, the perfect expression, timing, clolurs, lights, etc. Infact, there is so much that goes on behind the camera, that the world in front of it, seems a little dull, and surprisingly, seems to lack lusture. Behind the lens, it's more colourful!

The wedding month has almost  begun. I'm, really REALLY looking forward to a nice vacation (of 3 days :P) and some fun time with family.
This month is going to be good, I can feel it. :)

later!

No comments: