Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fasting ..Feasting and more..

Eating 5 times a day is no joke. Atleast in my world, Sharma land. My Bombay friends all make fun of my appetite. They start off by ordering half a 'roti' for me, when we eat out. And then the constant jokes follow.

Which is why Delhi loves me. And feeds me well, always. My digestive system still remains loyal to Bombay though. Hence, the constant battle, of binging and ejecting it all out, simultaneously, that too.

Anyhow, if there's something called freezing time, in a particular place. With particular people, etc. That's what Delhi is. Delhi is frozen. People are frozen. And memories, too. It's almost mechanical, but in an endearing way. I need to push buttons and de-frost it all. And there it is, just the way I've always wanted. Relationships between people, among my friends have changed. Entire group dynamics have reversed. But those personal bonds, between me and them, have survived. And if that weren't the case, I'd have broken. Because home is one place that shouldn't be subjected to change. I'd hate it even if my books were moved from one shelf to another. Time walks only till my door step. Beyond which, it is prohibited.

If only I could bottle it all up, and carry it with me, wherever I go. For I've got my running shoes on, since the past one year. And I'm not taking them off for the next 10 years.

1 comment:

phantasmagoria said...

I like your optimism and this post tells me how you're now accustomed to the living-by-yourself life. =)