Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekday

Goodmorrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnning DELHI (in a very and I assert, VERY un-Vidhya Balan way). I thought I'd make a quick update here, before I get down to working.

I watched Delhi belly on saturday. What a KICKASS movie, I must say. The best part being, it was commercial cinema, alright, but made in the most non-commerical, almost parallel cinema-ish fashion. No interval, 2 hours, no songs, very natural, great humor, and fantastic acting. Esp the fat one who's digestion was mostly the main plot, running throughout the movie. All in all, good fun, great time spent.

There is a family wedding coming up, next month, which is going to take us all across the country, right to the land that apparently God calls his own. I'm excited, yes, and I really hope we can make a quick tour to the hill station Munar. I'm not much of a beach person, you know. Munar is beautiful with sprawling tea gardens, through which I can run , and sing a random bollywood number and feel I have achieved something out of the trip. Also, a christian wedding is not something us Hindu's get to see very often. A hindu-christian wedding is going to be so wonderfully confused and mixed up, with some vows here and a bit of pooja there, in Mr. Burns words, I'd say "Aaaaaeeexxcellent".

I've been very interested in tarrot, palmistry and astrology recently. And I make sure I always get it done by someone who is NOT a pro. Why? because people who are professionals are always scary. They just have that all-knowing look, look at you like your life is ending and they are just full of bad news. Every predication has a "but" clause to it, whether good or bad. "YOU are going to be RICH!"...and just when the person is ready to feel great, comes the "BUT, only when you are ninety" *fake grin and the all knowing nod*. Then there's "YOU are going to DIE", and when the person is about it break down and tear his clothes and hair comes the "BUT, it'll be painless",*fake grin and the all knowing nod*. So, we're better off with those who don't know their elbow from their ass and are just predicting for the fun of it.


Well, that's it for now. More to come, very soon

P.S- Can't WAIT for weekend :D

No comments: